Sunday, February 20, 2011

Turning Things Around

Lately I've been on fire. And I mean that in a good way. I've had a sudden burst of optimism that followed a moment of clarity. For a long time now, I've been pretty pessimistic. I've been cynical and mistrusting and pretty much scared at what the future holds.

Then, one day this week, it came to me. Why shouldn't I just be optimistic? So, I prayed over that thought, and it made perfect sense. Instead of letting my fears dictate me, instead of being afraid that something won't happen, I should be hopeful, no, expectant that God is going to provide. He will always do what is best for me even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. And since then, things have fallen into place. Granted they are little things, but enough to make me realize how blessed I truly am.

And that feeling, I can't even describe it. The feeling you have when you know that God is on your side, that everything will work out, that your past does not have the power to tell you who you are and who you are going to be, realizing all that, it's amazing.

I've also rediscovered my love for Third Day's Run to You (did I tell you, my friend Pam and I are going to see Third Day and Tenth Avenue North in concert next month!!) so I will leave you with this:



1 comment:

  1. Kristin,

    Hi, I understand precisely what you are describing in this post, as it so resonates with me. It has led to such an increase of faith in me that is indescribable.

    I sense that as you have changed your mindset, to that of increased optimism, you are moving into another level of your faith, and that as you do so, you are now undergoing a transformation by the renewing of your mind.

    I notice that you mention in your bio, ‘I’m a dreamer, which sometimes I hate. I tend to make big, probably unrealistic plans that never pan out’.

    As you are now moving in a new dimension of your faith, why not take those dreams to the Lord and let Him do something extraordinary for His glory.

    We done for turning things around.

    God Bless and thank you for popping into the Faith Lounge.

    ReplyDelete