Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday- February 22nd

Before I give this weeks questions a go, let me tell you a "funny" story about what happened to me this morning.

I abruptly awoke around 4am. I could clearly read the clock that said 3:58, however, I managed to convince myself that my clock was lying and it was actually 5:45, the time I have to get up at. So I get dressed, and put an english muffin in the toaster. Half way through buttering it, it dawned on me. My clock weren't lying, it actually was 4am. So I finished my muffin and tried unsuccessfully to go back to bed. Funny right?

Anyways, here are todays Ten on Tuesdays. If you want to take part in this too, clicky here.

1. What are your thoughts on Valentine's Day? Do you love it? Hate it?

I have mixed feelings about it. I generally feel that people put too much pressure on their significant other. Did you know some girls actually break-up with their boyfriends because they didn't get what they wanted to Valentine's Day? Anyways, I like the idea of a day devoted to showing the one you love, you love them. However, isn't that what everyday is for? I mean, I don't expect gifts or lavish dinners everyday (I seriously do not expect that or want in a relationship) but shouldn't the one you love know you love them by their actions all the time?

2. What is your favorite romantic comedy?

I cannot think of one romantic comedy offhand unless Enchanted counts. Who doesn't love Amy Adams and that guy whose name escapes me right now. But normally rom coms aren't my thing.

3. Meg Ryan & John Mellencamp: what's your first reaction?

I'm supposed to have a reaction to that? Were they in a movie together that I haven't seen?

4. All time favorite poem or quote?

"It is the experienced, the memories, the great triumphant joy of living to the fullest extent in which real meaning is found."

From the book, Into the Wild

5. What's the longest amount of time you've gone without sleep? (like consecutive hours).

I think it was about 30 hours. And the people I was with were awesome, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

6. What color ink do you prefer to use?

Blue.

7. Share with us a blog that you recently found and fell in love with (and link us!)


8. If you could be on a reality TV show which one would you chose?

I don't watch much reality TV, but I think Amazing Race would be awesome.

9. Mountains or Beach?

Definitely mountains.

10. With the Oscars around the corner, what's your pick for best picture?

The Fighter. Only because that's the only movie I've seen that's nominated for best picture. Unless Toy Story 3 is nominated, then I pick that. And if it wasn't then it should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment