Ten on Tuesday time!
1. How did your parents decide on your name?
I asked my mom, she said Kristin was just a name they liked. My middle name, Marie, is her middle name and my great-grandma's first name.
2. Do your initials (First, Middle, Last) spell out anything fun/funny?
KML. No. I wish they did though.
3. Did you take your middle name from childhood or did you take your maiden name as your middle name? (If unmarried, what do you plan to do?)
I think I'll keep my middle name.
4. Are you or will you name your children thematically (ie. same first letter, all of same origin…)
Probably not, but I guess it's a possibility. However, I'm a fan of names that have family meaning, even if they're considered "weird".
5. Did you decide on baby names as a little girl? Did you stick to them or change your mind?
I never really thought of names for kids as a little girl. I think of them now though, and I'd like to stick with them, but I don't think I will, because if I ever get married and have kids, I want to decide on names with my future husband.
6. Does your family have any names that have been passed down through generations?
Yes. As explained before, my middle name, Marie, is handed down. My brother's middle name, William, is also handed down on my dad's side. My dad's name, James William, was his father's name, and ironically my maternal grandfather's name. We have a lot of James and William's in the family, it gets a little confusing.
7. Do you look at the meaning of the name or just the name itself?
I like knowing what names mean, and seeing if the meaning has any effect on the person. However I don't put much stock into the meaning of names. I just think it's an interesting study.
8. Do you name pets with human names (Sally, Henry) or with pet names (Fluffy, Mr. Bo Bo)?
Human names. Out of the three dogs we owned, their names have been human: Brandon and Belle (I guess Belle could go either way, but she is named after the Disney princess). The dog we had the first 5 years of my life was name Muffin.
Edit: I totally forgot to tell you my rabbit's name! His/her name is Bunny. Creative, right? The reason I wrote his/her is because up until a few months ago, we had him for 5 years, and then he had an eye infection, so we took him to a vet. Who told us he was actually a she. Bunny's actual name is Harley, because we got him during Harley Davidson's big 100th anniversary party here in Milwaukee. But we refer to him… I mean her, to Bunny almost always.
9. Are there any names that you have an affinity or dislike for based on a childhood experience/someone you once knew?
A few names. Mostly because of people I know and don't really like for whatever reason.
10. What are some of your favorite names? Why?
Rosalie is my favorite name. I think it is such a gorgeous name and the people I know named Rosalie are incredibly wonderful, beautiful women.